Environmental Engineering and Consulting
ParklandGEO is an engineering and environmental consulting firm, servicing Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
Using experienced engineers and scientists, ParklandGEO provides the following environmental consulting services:
- Phase 1 - Environmental Site Assessments (Historical Review and Site Inspection)
- Phase 2 - Environmental Site Assessments (Site Investigation, Soil and Groundwater Assessments)
- Phase 3 - Environmental Site Assessments (Clean-up and Remediation)
- Environmental Planning, Consulting & Third Party Review
- Waste Management Facility Design, Permitting and Construction
- Radon Assessment and Mitigation System Design (Schools, Commercial Buildings, Industrial)
- Sampling for Chemical Testing (Soil, Groundwater, Asbestos, Mould)
- Hazardous Building Assessments (Asbestos, Mould, Lead, PCBs)
Our extensive experience includes the assessment and characterization of soil, groundwater, surface water and building materials.
ParklandGEO's combined experience in conducting over 400 Phase 2 ESAs since 2000, and over 1000 investigations as well as supervising and managing over $30 million in remediation projects.
Why Choose an Environmental Engineering Consultant?
ParklandGEO’s skilled team of environmental professionals includes engineers, scientists and technologists who are skilled in all phases of environmental site assessment (ESA) and remediation. We approach each project from multiple viewpoints, including regulatory requirements, financial risk and liability, and practical solutions. From simple Phase 1 ESAs to complex contamination assessment and remediation programs, our teams have the depth and experience to minimize client risk and maximize the value of an asset.|
We are experienced with the regulatory framework in Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan. In Alberta, our ESAs utilize Alberta Environment Tier 1 and Tier 2 Remediation Guidelines, along with guideline modification and human health based risk assessment, as necessary. We have three staff who are qualified by Alberta Environment to use the Subsoil Salinity Tool for development of guidelines specific to salt impacted soil. We have conducted numerous investigations and remedial programs whereby the selection of a Tier 2 or site specific guideline have resulted in substantial cost savings to our clients while ensuring all regulatory requirements are met.
ParklandGEO has made numerous regulatory applications and prepared reports for submission to various regulatory agencies for various projects including: landfills, Water Act applications, Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) applications, remediation and reclamation certificates, erosion control construction activities in streams and rivers, and work in other sensitive environments.