ParklandGEO is in business to provide the highest quality of engineering services to customers in our service areas. We provide a range of services in geotechnical engineering, environmental assessments, remediation, as well as consulting services.
Our company provides specialized services such as containment liner design, site assessments and remediation, risk management consulting and landfills.
Continued demand for our services and upcoming projects have resulted in an opening for Materials Testing Technicians in Red Deer, Calgary and Fort McMurray for 2021 6 and 8 month work terms and new graduates.
While working as part of a team based out of the Red Deer, Calgary or Fort McMurray offices your responsibilities will be:
- QA/control testing of various construction materials such as soils, asphalt, and concrete;
- Lab testing – concrete, sieves, proctors, and asphalt;
- Travel to job sites to conduct testing,inspections and surveying;
- Work with geotechnical design, analysis and computer programs;
- Vibration monitoring;
- Compaction monitoring;
- Pile monitoring;
- Compaction testing, and
- Limited report writing responsibilities in line with level of experience
- Able to provide a clean drivers abstract and experience driving a pickup truck to remote locations over rugged terrain;
- Willing and able to work and travel long distance from both home and office staying overnight for days or weeks at a time;
- Capable of working and travelling alone to and from client locations and working alone on client sites for short and long durations of time;
- Able to work in all climates;
- Physically capable and willing to work long hours, regularly working weekends and statutory holidays dependent on the client project schedule and upon needs of the client;
- Capable of reading road signs and road maps when GPS is not an option;
- Strong computer skills;
- Good command of the English language both speaking and writing at a high technical level for written presentation on daily forms paperwork including: email communication and oral ability to speak conversationally and informatively with clients, subcontractors, co-workers and management;
- Previous construction or surveying experience considered an asset;
- Registered in Civil, Materials, or Environmental engineering or geology programs, and
- CSTS-09, First Aid/CPR, and other safety tickets considered an asset.
We are looking for students with integrity and dedication to be a part of our busy season.
How to Apply
If you are seeking a great company within the construction consulting industry, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence online
or by emailing your resume to Human Resources
. Please reference job number and where you saw the job posting in your cover letter.
ParklandGEO has offices in Edmonton/Sherwood Park, Red Deer, Grande Prairie, Calgary, Peace River, Fort McMurray, Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, Fort St. John, Regina and Estevan with potential future job openings.
No telephone inquiries please. ParklandGEO would like to thank you all for your interest in working with our company, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.