Parkland Geotechnical Consulting Ltd. (ParklandGEO) is a dynamic, mid-sized engineering consulting company in business for over 20 years and providing the highest quality engineering services to our customers. We work with a wide range of clients across the oil & gas, commercial &residential development, government and civil infrastructure industries. With locations throughout Western Canada, we can easily service major cities and small rural towns. ParklandGEO prides itself on providing intelligent and practical solutions to meet our clients’ objectives, with flexible and attentive customer service.
Currently we are looking to grow our Environmental division in the southern part of Alberta. With an energetic team of professionals, ParklandGEO is looking to add Junior/Intermediate Geo-Environmental Engineers/Scientists.
As a key member of the overall environmental team, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Coordinate and project manage a wide variety of geo-environmental projects to meet your clients’ needs, maintain ParklandGEO’s safety and quality standards, and demonstrate effective scope, schedule and budget management;
- Provide a combination of field and office experience with regards to environmental assessment, remediation, regulatory approvals and permitting and other biophysical management projects;
- Work on a wide range of approvals and contaminated sites, with opportunity for involvement at various stages in the development or site assessment and remediation processes;
- Undertake detailed analysis and design tasks, summarize, review and interpret laboratory data for environmental compliance and go-forward options;
- Provide training and mentoring for junior staff;
- Prepare and review technical reports, proposals, cost estimates, work plans and correspondence; and
- Maintain positive interactions to foster and grow relationships with clients and stakeholders.
What You Bring
|To be successful in this role, you should have the following or similar equivalents:|
- An enthusiastic attitude, drive to succeed and continually improve, and a passion for consistently delivering outstanding work;
- A desire to be part of a dynamic team and a growth oriented company, with the ability to develop positive working relationships in a team environment;
- University degree or technical diploma in Environmental Sciences or Engineering;
- Minimum 3+ years of progressive experience;
- Ability to manage clients and identify opportunities for company growth;
- A recognized professional designation, or eligibility to obtain one, is highly preferred;
- A strong background in environmental consulting with experience in site assessments, remediation, soil and groundwater monitoring;
- Experience with environmental permitting, regulatory approvals or reclamation would be an asset;
- Strong knowledge in the application of environmental policies and guidelines, and experience developing Tier 2 or site-specific criteria would be considered an asset;
- Excellent written, technical reporting and communication skills;
- Enjoy working in both an office and outdoors, as field work and overnight travel may be required;Must possess a valid driver’s license; and
- Formal Project Management training would be considered an asset.
What We Offer
At ParklandGEO people come first. We make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire only those who we believe will thrive in the consulting services industry over the long term. We've developed a unique corporate culture that sets us apart from the rest and provides:
- Challenging and interesting work with a diverse range of clients and services.
- Collaborative, team based approach.
- Ongoing career growth and development.
- An established company with a respected reputation and down-to-earth attitude.
- A positive, flexible and supportive work atmosphere.
- Competitive salaries.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence online or by emailing your resume to Human Resources. Please reference the job number and where you saw the job posting in your cover letter.
ParklandGEO has offices in Edmonton/Sherwood Park, Red Deer, Grande Prairie, Calgary, Peace River, Fort McMurray, Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, Fort St. John, Regina and Estevan with potential future job openings.
No telephone inquiries please. ParklandGEO would like to thank you all for your interest in working with our company, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.