ParklandGEO is an association of independently owned and operated engineering consulting firms established in Red Deer, Alberta in 2000. The ParklandGEO Group has offices in nine centers in Alberta and Saskatchewan: Fort McMurray, Red Deer, Calgary,Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, Estevan, Grande Prairie, Peace River and Sherwood Park. We are a team of highly motivated and hardworking professionals committed to delivering high quality services. Initiative, enthusiasm, commitment to technical excellence, and the desire to rise to the challenge are important attributes to succeed as part of our team.services.
ParklandGEO has an immediate position available in the Medicine Hat office for an junior Geo-Materials Engineer. The ideal candidates will have 3 to 4 years of civil engineering experience in Canada. This position reports to the Red Deer head office. If you meet the level of experience and qualifications outlined in this posting you are welcome to apply to be part of our dynamic group of engineers.
ParklandGEO is in business to provide the highest quality of engineering services to clients in our service areas: routine and advanced construction QA/QC including PDA and pile load testing; soil and aggregate testing, Materials Engineering: materials testing (concrete, asphalt and soil); construction monitoring, Environmental Site Assessments; environmental consulting, remediation and project management; soil and groundwater remediation.
Consideration will be given to applicants with:
- Attain membership in APEGA as an E.I.T. and complete the requirements to attain your P.Eng. designation within a mutually agreeable time frame.
- Attended a recognized Canadian university with a focus on civil engineering.
- Preference given to Canadian graduates with a focus on geotechnical and materials engineering.
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures and practices of construction materials testing.
- Knowledge of the instruments and apparatus used in materials testing.
- More than 3 years of geo-materials consulting experience in Canada.
- Preference given to applicants who can demonstrate an understanding of soils engineering, foundation engineering, earth structure, materials engineering, and slope assessments.
- Flexibility to travel and work away from home to meet the needs of our clients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian Engineering Standards and Codes applicable for working in Alberta and other parts of Canada.
- A solid grasp of the English written and spoken language and can demonstrate excellent comprehension.
- Effective people skills with a proven ability to manage clients and technical staff.
- Supervision of drilling subcontractors.
- Work on complex and routine geotechnical investigations.
- Manage and support a wide variety of geotechnical and materials projects.
- Examine test samples, read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, measuring instruments, and follow operational instructions.
- Ensure geotechnical investigations and reports are completed as requested by senior engineers.
- Complete assignments in a timely manner meeting business deadlines.
- Evaluate and review test and construction data and report findings to engineers and laboratory team
- Be an analytical thinker, anticipate, troubleshoot and solve problems as they arise.
- Adhere to all health and safety legislation including reporting procedures on a daily basis
- Work in a professional business manner including language, deportment, and dress.
- Be a company ambassador in dealings with clients, vendors and third party contractors.
- Project coordination of projects.
- Detailed geotechnical analysis and design tasks.
- Prepare and review proposals, and field and technical reports.
- Converse easily with management, co-workers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Responsible role model who leads by example when mentoring staff.
- Conduct and direct field programs, complete project proposals and reports all at progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
- Tasks include conducting routine soil analysis and index tests.
- Field work will include drilling programs, test pits, groundwater sampling, surveying, compaction control and concrete testing.
- Pile inspection comprising a significant component of field inspection duties.
- Knowledge of current professional practices and technological advancements in geotechnical and materials engineering.
- Preach and practice industry principles, procedures and practices of geotechnical consulting.
- Working knowledge of the instruments and apparatus used in the course of your duties and perform routine maintenance on test equipment.
- Strong computer skills, with experience in engineering applications and Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Current in related construction safety tickets including CSTS, H2S, First Aid, and WHMIS
- Valid Alberta Driver’s license, insurable, and able to provide a 5 year driving abstract.
At ParklandGEO people come first. We make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire only those who we believe will thrive in the consulting services industry over the long term. We've developed a unique corporate culture that sets us apart from the rest and provides:
- Challenging and interesting work.
- Collaborative, team based approach.
- Ongoing career growth and development.
- A positive, flexible and supportive work atmosphere .
How to Apply
Compensation will commensurate with successful candidate's experience based on the most recent applicable APEGA salary survey. If you meet the criteria, please submit your current resume in confidence online or by emailing your resume to Human Resources or email@example.com using MS Word or a PDF format listing education, related skill set, and current safety tickets. Please reference the job number and where you saw the job posting in your cover letter.
ParklandGEO has offices in Grand Prairie, Edmonton/Sherwood Park, Red Deer, Calgary, Peace River, Fort McMurray, Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, and Estevan with potential future job openings.
No telephone inquiries please. ParklandGEO would like to thank you all for your interest in working with our company, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.