ParklandGEO is an association of independently owned and operated engineering firms established in Red Deer, Alberta in 2000. The ParklandGEO Group has offices in nine centres in Alberta and Saskatchewan: Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Peace River, Sherwood Park, Red Deer, Calgary, Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, and Estevan.
We provide a wide range of services in Geotechnical Engineering: routine and advanced construction QA/AC including PDA and pile load testing; soil and aggregate testing, Materials Engineering: materials testing (concrete, asphalt, soil); construction monitoring, Environmental Site Assessments: environmental consulting, remediation and project management; soil and groundwater remediation.
ParklandGEO has an immediate opening for a Field Services Supervisor / Office Manager for our Lethbridge operations. We are searching for a seasoned team leader with experience supervising staff and assigning projects in the field and lab. This leader will oversee technical operations and strategic growth of the southern Alberta market place. Marketing our consulting and testing services and closing sales is a major responsibility and priority.
- Business development for new and existing clients in Lethbridge and surrounding area.
- Ensure all lab and field tests are completed accurately in accordance with a specified set of standards and procedures.
- Conduct a variety of materials testing in field and laboratory.
- On-call evening and weekends answering the company cell phone, taking calls from clients, field staff and management regarding current work.
- Responsible for scheduling of materials testing of concrete, cement materials and aggregates.
- Train and supervisor technicians for concrete and compaction testing.
- Manage day-to-day operations of clients, personnel, business development and projects.
- Accountable for the delivery of projects within promised schedules and budgets.
- Oversee multiple geotechnical projects simultaneously.
- Oversee the work schedules, meet completion dates, technical specifications and budget limits.
- Full spectrum of manpower planning, hiring and performance management duties including terminations protocols.
- Oversee monitoring of project sites to ensure compliance with all safety and government regulations.
- Set goals and objectives for your team with regards to training and process improvement.
- Coordinate and dispatch technicians to cover all client jobs.
- Examine test samples, read blue prints, schematics, diagrams, measuring instruments and follow operational instructions.
- Ensure geotechnical investigations are completed when requested by engineers.
- Complete assignments in a timely manner meeting business deadlines.
- Evaluate and review test and construction data and report findings to engineers and laboratory team.
- Build, adapt, and set-up test equipment to new situations, based on client data sheets and instructions from engineers.
- Perform routine maintenance of designated test equipment.
- Anticipate, troubleshoot and solve problems as they arise.
- Adhere to all health and safety requirements including reporting procedures on a daily basis.
- Play a contributing role as a lead team member in conjunction with other staff and work closely with Medicine Hat and Calgary offices.
- Maintain compliance with CCIL standards for concrete, asphalt and sieves.
- Ensure the office adheres to strict protocols regarding radiation safety and related procedures.
- Be a company ambassador in dealing with clients, vendors and third party contractors.
Consideration will be given to applicants with:
- Minimum C.Tech, P.Tech, or is a CET, EIT or P.Eng.
- Five years experience in the local construction Industry with a focus on materials engineering.
- Three to five years of demonstrated supervisory experience of direct reports in the field and lab.
- A solid grasp of the English language, clearly understood and excellent comprehension.
- Open communicator with the ability to assign and delegate tasks to technicians.
- Knowledge of industry principles, procedures and practices of construction materials testing, geotechnical, environmental and safety legislation.
- Working knowledge of the instruments and apparatus used in material testing.
- Knowledge of road construction engineering principles and procedures.
- Versatile and multifaceted with a willingness to grow and accept new challenges.
- Responsible role model, leading by example when mentoring staff.
- High energy level when it comes to client business development.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Consider safety training and professional development of employee a priority.
- Effective leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Work in a professional business manner including language, dress and deportment.
- Current in construction related safety tickets.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
At ParklandGEO people come first. We make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire only those who we believe will thrive in the consulting services industry over the long term. We've developed a unique corporate culture that sets us apart from the rest and provides:
- Challenging and interesting work.
- Collaborative, team based approach.
- Ongoing career growth and development.
- A positive, flexible and supportive work atmosphere.
How to Apply
If you are seeking a great company within the construction consulting industry, please submit your cover letter referencing where you saw the job posting, along with your resume and post secondary certification online
or by emailing your resume to Human Resources
No telephone inquiries please. ParklandGEO would like to thank you all for your interest in working with our company, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.